⚠ These are the steps to be followed by Quarkiverse owners when onboarding a new project. Those instructions are meant for the Quarkiverse team when there is a new Quarkiverse extension project request by contributors/maintainers. We also provide instructions to get an extension onboarded in the Quarkiverse for contributors/maintainers.
Considering the following extension to create:
name: Quarkus - The Ext
- Generate the Quarkiverse extension project using the Quarkus Maven plugin (the prefixes and names are automatically computed following the Quarkiverse conventions):
mvn io.quarkus:quarkus-maven-plugin:create-extension -U \
- Create a repository named
quarkus-the-extand push the new code
- Create a
quarkiverse-the-extteam and invite the maintainers. Add to the project with Write permissions
- Create an issue in the repository to trigger the all-contributors bot and automatically update the README.md by commenting on the issue (eg. https://github.com/quarkiverse/quarkus-freemarker/issues/9)
- Enable the extension in the Quarkus Ecosystem-CI by creating an issue in the Quarkiverse repository and referencing it in the
- Add the extension documentation repository to the Quarkiverse Documentation Antora descriptor.
- Add the extension to the Quarkus Extension Catalog
- Close the original issue in the
quarkusio/quarkusrepository, add a comment containing the repository link to the extension maintainer(s) and provide instructions on the next steps:
- When the extension is ready, announce on quarkus-dev mailing list with the repo location, maintainer(s) and a description/context.